Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Play-Doh

Play-Doh is one of those activities that I admit had me a bit gun-shy... I was wondering when it would be cool to bring out the Play-Doh and not see Rachael (1) attempt to consume it, (2) grind it into my carpet, or (3) feed it to the cats. I don't mind playtime clutter--I do, however, mind combing purple Play-Doh pies out of my sad, abused living room carpet. Anyway, two weekends ago the weather was extra-horrible (bitter cold AND several inches of falling snow...) so, housebound, we had Play-Doh time.

I'd forgotten how completely awesome Play-Doh is! And it's much softer than I remembered...the Play-Doh I remember was crumbly. This is more like sugar-cookie dough. Soft, squishy, but holds together well. Rachael loved all the neat tools that came with the Play-Doh set that Jim and Jen got her for Christmas--noodle makers, Play-Doh scissors, cut-out shapes. All easy-to-use and fun. And while there was some Play-Doh that escaped the kitchen, it cleaned up easily--no combing it out of carpet (and no Play-Doh laced cat barf anywhere, either). Love it!
Here are some pics from our Play-Doh afternoon:



No comments: