Monday, July 20, 2009

Trusting the Taller One...

I admit, I was very hesitant to let Rachael hold Erin. I see all these pictures of older siblings holding their newborn brothers and sisters, but I just wasn't sure Erin would survive such an experience with Rachael. Let's face it: there's a reason why Rachael's age group is called "the terrible twos." I needed these nine weeks to see them together and evaluate how Rachael is around Erin.

Rachael is VERY cautious around Erin. She doesn't touch Erin unless invited to do so, and when invited ("can you give sister a kiss on her head?"), she is very gentle. All in all, I've been very impressed with how my impulsive little two year old has behaved around her fragile little sister!

So...here it is! Yes, that's my hand holding up Erin's head (see previous post for an explanation...I can't expect Rachael to also manage Erin's floppy noggin!) Rachael held her sister for about 3 minutes and kept giggling away as she made goo goo faces at Erin. I think this might be the beginning signs of Rachael's role as nurturing big sister!

:-)

No comments: