Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Big Girl Gear

It all started with blocks...then Legos. Rachael was desperate for a decent work surface. At school (ok, daycare) they have toddler-sized tables and chairs, and Rach has grown accustomed to sitting at the table with her friends for crafts and snacks. So she was not going to put up with coloring in her high chair (that's for BABIES, momma...) or just building cities with her blocks on the bumpy carpet. So we found this neat, sorta-affordable table and chair set on Amazon.com.

She. Digs. It.

Each day, when we get home, I give her a sippy cup of milk and a little bowl of puffs or Cheerios, and she walks them over to her "lil office"...arranges her snack on the table, gets a handful of Legos, and sits down. It's so neat to watch. She doesn't say many words yet (though she's very chatty!) but, watching her, I can see her figuring things out. She babbles a mile a minute as she deconstructs the colorful Lego towers we build. Her playing is becoming more sophisticated...I'm seeing her use the same toys in new ways and it amazes me how fast she is changing.

Also fun this week, my brother and sister-in-law sent us a box of Easter treats! Always looking to spoil Rachael, Jim and Jen sent her lots of fun things (including a super-cute lobster T-shirt from Jim's trip to New Orleans!) But I admit that I was most smitten with the bunny ears that were among the surprises in the box. I got Rachael to try them on, but as you can tell, they didn't last very long....

Hmm...What's on my head?

Something is most certainly on my head!

No, Momma you take this.

Thanks Jim and Jen for all the cool stuff! We'll miss you at Easter!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the ears on, too bad she didn't want to wear them more. :)