Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? Yeah, I know...everyone's given up. But you know, life and stuff....
I confess that I'm a bit old school and still carry a journal around with me. I have a bunch of mini-stories and general observations written in nearly-illegible handwriting. Sometimes writing feels more real when you are actually writing (not typing) with a really good pen. I have such a pen. :)
A few topics that I'm hoping to get caught up on via my blog here:
* My new house. I love it and feel very fortunate. David and I have worked hard and done a lot of planning to make this a reality. My in-laws live minutes away, which has been such a joy for my daughters...they love nothing more than spending time at Nana and Poppa's house.
* My mother's new home. When we moved into our house, my mother moved into her new senior apartment. Unlike David's family, my mother lives on the other side of town. It's perfect.
* My gorgeous nephew. I have a lovely nephew who I just love love love to pieces. I'm sad that he (and his parents) live over 600 miles away, but thanks to FaceTime, I get to see him in action from time to time.
* My job. I had a really good talk with my VP several weeks ago about what I want to do when I grow up. My nearly-illegible journal is full of pity reflections on that topic. I'll tidy it up so no one vomits over the volume of sentimental bullshit. Heh...
(I like that I can write "bullshit" in my blog.)
* God, religion, and all that jazz. I've been doing a lot of reading and reflection on God, religion, and what part I want God and religion to play in my life. I feel like I need to get my head on straight before I can provide my girls any kind of guidance on spirituality, have life/death conversations, and talk about secular vs religious roles in our culture. It's a very difficult journey that challenges everything I learned in my religious training as a child.
Anyway, for the loyal few who still check my blog from time to time, now you have a few hints as to what you can expect.
I am happy. I am fortunate. But I still have shit to figure out. Let's see where this goes...