Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Cure for the Crankies

Erin is developing a pattern of mid-afternoon crankiness. Around 1pm she starts whining for no discernible reason....not crying, just waaa this and ehhh that. Not hungry, not wet. I think she just wants to share her general feelings of mid-afternoon discontent.

Yesterday the mid-afternoon crankies came on just as I was five minutes into my quick re-organization of Rachael's closet. Erin had been peacefully sitting next to me when the crankies took hold--BAM! So, I set her on Rachael's bed and put Rachael's 'snuggle blankie' on her while I hunted down a pacifier. LIKE MAGIC, Erin was quickly settled. Within minutes, she was fast asleep on big sister's bed. I took off snuggle blankie for a minute to snap this pic:

Quilt in picture was made by David's Aunt Ellen for our wedding 5 years ago, and our friend Steph gave Erin that cute purple butterfly dress. Props where props are due!

Anyhoo, I think Erin has already developed an attachment to big sister! :-)

Finally, I *have* to share this pic...my friend Denise from work gave Erin this outfit and Erin's now big enough to wear it. It's A-DORABLE! Check it out:


The little sock-shoes that go with it are my favorite part. Thanks Denise!

No comments: